|Version 12 (modified by 5 years ago) ( diff ),|
The phone is running:
SM-G390F Android version : 7.0 Baseband version: G390FXXU1AQI2 Build number : NRD90M.G390FXXU1AQI3
- Download Boot & Recovery image from CF-Auto-Root for this device: https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:289/firmware:13540
- Enable 'OEM Unlocking' in 'Settings -> Developer options'
- Reset device to factory default
- Put device in Download Mode by Powering it while holding down this keys: Power + Volume Down + Home.
- Retrieve PIT or download attached file
sudo /usr/local/bin/heimdall download-pit --output SM-G390F.pit
- Use Heimdall to install new images:
sudo /usr/local/bin/heimdall flash --pit SM-G390F.pit --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img
- Reboot phone and rooting will be done automatically
Removing factory applications
I do not like all Samsung and Google Applications which comes by default with the phone. It collects too many data, runs in background consuming CPU, memory and thus battery power consumes storage space.
- Disable 'Play Store' automatic updater
- Disable all applications which are not needed. Restoring their stock versions if needed.
- Use a Application called Applications Info located in F-Droid package manager to find locations of applications to be deleted. * $ adb shell $ su $ mount -o rw,remount /system $ rm -R /system/app/application-to-be-removed $ rm -R /system/priv-app/application-to-be-removed
file:/system is read-only be default. use
mount -o rw,remount /system to make it writable.
Can be found at http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SM-G390F
- SM-G390F.pit (8.0 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.